The holidays are here and so is the time to play with shimmer in your makeup look! Keep reading for 20 creative ways to use 24-Karat Gold Dust, from subtle to dramatic you can ring in the new year with a little sparkle.
1. Tap any shade into the middle of the eye lid with your finger to create a luminous blink.
2. For a gilded smoky effect, apply eyeliner then use a dampened Smudge Brush to overlay Gold 24-Karat Gold Dust.
3. Tap any shade into its cap and spritz with your favorite Hydration Spray, then press into the eyelid with your eye shadow brush for a foiled effect.
4. For retro-chic eyes, apply Champagne Silk or Brown Silk Eye Shereon the eye lid and layer Bronze 24-K on top. Draw a winged line along the upper lash line with the Black Jelly Jar Gel Eyeliner and apply Longest Lash Mascara.
5. For a dramatic gold eye, start with Lemon Lid Primer, and then press Gold 24-Karat on top. Finish with lots of Black Onyx PureLash Mascara on top and bottom lashes.
6. For a golden brow straight from the runways, apply PureBrow® Fix & Mascara to the brows. While wet, apply Gold 24-Karat using the Detail Brush.
Body:7. Mix Bronze 24-Karat Gold Dust with Tantasiaand apply all over your body for a glowing, shimmering bronze.
8. Mix Gold or Bronze into the GoldenPowder-Me SPF for a golden goddess look at the beach.
9. Mix a little of any shade into body lotion and apply on the body for a candlelit glow.
10. A special night out calls for more shimmer: apply with your favorite powder brush over your shoulders and décolleté.
11. Apply to earlobes for an unexpected dazzle that complements your favorite braid, pony or updo.
Face:12. Dust theGold orSilver 24-Karat Gold Dust onto the top of the cheekbone with the White Fan Brush to create a highlight.13. Mix a small amount of any shade with Smooth Affair Facial Primer & Brightener or Smooth Affair for Oily Skin and apply with the Blending Brush to give an all over glow.
14. For a rich, glowy look mix your favorite shade of 24-Karat with any shade of In Touch® Cream Blush on the back of your hand, using the Foundation Brush, then apply to cheeks.
15. Apply your favorite lip gloss and press any shade of 24-Karat Gold Dust into it to give extra shimmer and dimension.
16. Tap Gold or Silver into the center of the lower lip with the finger tip and cover with gloss to make the lip appear fuller and shinier.
17. Apply a small amount of Forever Pink, Forever Peach or Forever Red Just Kissed Lip and Cheek Stain to the lips and cheeks then blend in a small amount of Gold or Silver 24-Karat for the look of rich hydration and saturated color.
Hair and nails:
18. Mix into your favorite hair product for an exciting take on highlights.
19. Paint nails with your favorite color. While the polish is still wet, sprinkle a small amount on the half moon area of your nail. Shake your hand once in a downward motion to spread down the nail, creating an ombre effect. Finish with a top coat.
20. Rub 24-Karat Gold Dust into your natural nail bed and apply a clear nail polish to seal.
How will you use 24-Karat Gold Dust this season? Tell us below!
Chelsea began her beauty journey in 2010 as a fashion and beauty freelancer at Ladies’ Home Journal magazine. There she had the chance to test and review hundreds of products while quickly falling for the benefits the clean makeup she tried. After leaving the magazine industry, she worked as a publicist for international fragrance and beauty brands until 2016 when she landed at jane iredale. Here, she has discovered liquid eyeliner doesn’t have to burn her eyes, foundation doesn’t have to feel heavy, and that the jane iredale Global Educators truly have the best beauty hacks. Since then, she’s shared her 10+ years of experience with you on The Good Glow Blog.