About this time of year, many of us begin to feel that we look dull. Brightening up the area around the eyes is the best way to look refreshed and vibrant in a snap.
Active Light Under-eye Concealer is great for banishing dark under-eye circles and bringing light to the face. It has a light formula that feels fresh on the skin, and the built-in applicator makes it easy to use. The formula refracts light to create a soft focus effect. It provides sheer to medium coverage, so if you need something super-emolient or for heavy-duty coverage, Circle/Delete Concealer is a better choice.
For the basics of applying concealer to hide under-eye circles, follow the tips here.
- A little goes a very long way. I am amazed at how little I have to use! If it is creasing, it was too much. Just pat at the concealer with your ring finger to smooth it out and use a little less next time. Experiment (it’s only makeup!) till you find the right amount for you.
- If you have a few extra fine lines around the eyes, *sigh* start applying just a little bit down/away from your tear duct. Somehow those rascally little crinkles are worse right under your eye, and are best avoided altogether. You will get the same lightening/brightening effect with fewer opportunities for accentuating fine lines.
- The inner corner of the eye, on the side of the bridge of the nose is a GREAT place to add light. It wakes up your eyes and brightens your whole face.
- Remember the corners of the nose, around the nostrils. If you have any redness there this is the #1 trick for creating a flawless-looking complexion.
- Active Light is a great highlighter for the tops of cheekbones, down the center of the nose, top of the cupid’s bow of the lips (luscious!).
Plus one from our friend Karen: dab a little at the outer corners of the eyes to lift and refresh. Thanks Karen!
If you want to read what others say about Active Light, you can read some tips and reviews here.
Do you have any tricks for combating under-eye circles, or highlighting and brightening the face? If so, please feel free to leave a comment below!