Halloween makeup time is right around the corner. Whether you are dressing up as a pretty princess, or a spooky goblin, it’s important to be sure that you are using makeup that isn’t going to cause you to break out and spend the next few months recovering from your one night of fun! So what’s a gal or guy to do? Here are a few popular Halloween looks you can create using your own makeup!
Items needed: Ivory foundation, Wine Silk Eye Gloss, Chisel Shader brush, Wine and Roses PurePressed Eye Shadow, Blue Moon PurePressed Eye Shadow, Basic Black Eye Pencil, PureLash Lash Extender and Conditioner, Black Ice Longest Lash Thickening and Lengthening Mascara, Black Currant PureGloss Lip Gloss.
- Apply Ivory Amazing Base Loose Mineral Powder or PurePressed Base Mineral Foundation to your entire face.
- Then apply Wine Silk Eye Gloss to your entire lid as well as your bottom lash line connecting at the outer corner of your eye.
- Using the Chisel Shader brush, apply Wine and Roses PurePressed Eye Shadow over top the Wine Silk Eye Gloss.
- Then with the same brush, apply Blue Moon PurePressed Eye Shadow from your crease up to nearly the top of your brow bone, also apply on the outside of Wine and Roses around the entire eye.
- Line your water line with the Basic Black Eye Pencil.
- Apply lots of PureLash Lash Extender and Conditioner followed by Black Ice Longest Lash Thickening and Lengthening Mascara.
- Apply Wine Silk Eye Gloss to your lips followed by Black Currant PureGloss Lip Gloss.
Makeup Needed: White/Pink Highlighter Pencil, Active Light Under-eye Concealer #1, Peach Silk Eye Gloss, Deluxe Shader brush, Pink Smoke PurePressed Eye Shadow, Dark Topaz Mystikol, Onyx Mystikol, Faux Lashes, Rose Lip Pencil, Kristen PureMoist Lipstick, Retractable Lip brush, Charisma In Touch Cream Blush.
- Apply the white end of the White/Pink Highlighter Pencil or Active Light #1 to your eyebrows to cancel out any color.
- Apply your regular foundation how you normally would, covering your eyebrows.
- Using the White end of the White/Pink Highlighter Pencil, color in your under eye area half way down to the top of your cheek bone. Be very gentle as this area is sensitive.
- Apply Peach Silk Eye Gloss from your top lash line all the way to the bottom of your covered eyebrows.
- Using the Deluxe Shader brush, cover the Eye Gloss with the Pink Smoke PurePressed Eye Shadow, you may want to apply 2 or 3 layers of this, these are now your doll eyelids.
- Take your Dark Topaz Mystikol and draw in fake pencil eyebrows on your forehead. These eyebrows should be drawn far enough up that your Pink Smoke Eye Shadow appears as eyelids.
- Using your Onyx Mystikol, line your fake bottom lash line (where the white highlighter ends) and draw fake lower lashes. Also line your natural top lash line.
- Apply PureLash Lash Extender and Conditioner followed by a heavy set of Faux Lashes and layers of mascara. (For a blog on how to apply Faux Lashes, click here).
- Cover your lips in Active Light #1 to cancel out any redness on your lips.
- Using Rose Lip Pencil draw doll lips by drawing a line cutting off the outer ¼ of each side of your top and bottom lip.
- Connect the two lines in the center by lining your natural lip line, and then fill in the lined portion. (The outer ¼ of each side of your top and bottom lip should now appear to blend in with your face.
- Using the Retractable Lip brush, apply Kristen PureMoist Lip Stickto the lined portion of your lips.
- Apply two deep colored circles of “blush” to the apples of your cheeks using Charisma In Touch Cream Blush.
- Apply your foundation as you normally would.
- Using the White end of the White/Pink Highlighter Pencil, draw a line from the outer corner of your nose following the natural line of your cheek downward around your chin and back up to the opposite corner of your nose.
- Fill in the lined white area with the White/Pink Highlighter Pencil.
- Cover the entire area filled in with the White/Pink Highlighter Pencil with White PurePressed Eye Shadow using the Large Shader brush.
- Heavily apply the dark side of So-Bronze 3 to any non shaded area of your face, using the Dome brush.
- Apply Craving Lip Fixation to your lips.
- Line the white area using the Onyx Mystikol.
- Using the Onyx Mystikol, fill in the ball of your nose and the area between your nostrils.
- Still using the Onyx Mystikol, draw a line down to your cupids bow and line your lips.
- Extend your smile out by drawing a thin line with your Mystikol about ½ of an inch out from the corners of your lips, arching slightly upwards
- Draw 3-4 dots on each side of your upper lip/inner cheek staying in the white shaded area, using the Onyx Mystikol. Draw whiskers out of each dot arching them slightly downward.
- Using the White end of the White/Pink Highlighter, fill in your entire eye lid and brow bone.
- Using your Onyx Mystikol, cover your entire eye lid and line the bottom lash line. Draw an extension on both your upper and lower lash line to form a cat eye (to read a blog on cat eyes, click here).
- Still using the Onyx Mystikol, draw “hairy” cat eyebrows over top your own eyebrows.
Be sure to do a practice run ahead of time to make sure you like your look and leave us a comment below with how it turned out! You can also upload your pictures to our Facebook page.
Happy trick or treating!