Summer is coming to an end, and if you’re located in most parts of the country you’re probably beginning to feel the coolness of fall approaching. Every trip I take to the grocery store these days (and I’m there a lot) greets me with the unique smell of cinnamon, back to school has been in full swing and I’m even been looking forward to pulling out my favorite pair of boots. All of these signs tell me it’s time for a seasonal makeup refresh.
Spotted at Fashion Week this past spring were a number of new trends for fall, and some oldies but goodies. Elle Magazine did a lovely job of gathering all of these unique runway looks into one place. We took a few of our favorites and recreated them to be worn by you, even if you aren’t a fashion model. Whether you’re heading out for a night on the town, working in the office or picking pumpkins with your family, we hope these three looks inspire you to play with your makeup and step outside of the box this season. Click the images below to try our looks on in the jane iredale makeover room!
Easy Smokey Eye
This look is a colorful twist to the traditonal smokey eye and can be applied in less than five minutes. This is a great go-to look for a night out this fall.
- Start by applying Liquid Minerals in your shade. You can apply using the Blending Brush or Foundation Brush.
- Apply So-Bronze 1 along your hair line, slighly onto your cheek bones and along your jaw line.
- Apply Whisper PurePressed Blush to your cheeks using the White Fan Brush.
- Line your top lash line thickly using Malchite Mystikol. Then line your bottom lash line, inner corner of your eye and bottom water line also using the Malachite Mystikol.
- Highlight your brow bone using the highligher end of the Mystikol.
- Using the Eye Shader Brush, gently pat Forest Eye Shadow onto your entire lid, into your crease and along the outer 3/4 of your bottom lash line.
- Apply 2 coats of PureLash Extender & Conditioner followed by 2 coats of Jet Black PureLash Lengthening Mascara using the short bristles first, then the long ones.
- Finish your look with Blissful PlayOn Lip Crayon.
This look balances pretty and bold to take you from weekday to weekend this fall.
- Start by applying your shade of PurePressed Base using your Handi Brush. Then spritz with your favorite Hydration Spray.
- Using the Dome Brush apply a generous amount of Barely Rose PurePressed Blush to the apples of your cheeks and along your cheekbones.
- Shape and fill in your brows using the Bitty Brow Kit in your shade.
- Using the Deluxe Shader Brush, gently pat Iris Eye Shadow on your eyelid starting on the inner corner and working up into your crease and along your lid.
- Apply PureLash Extender and Conditioner and a coat using each side of the bristles from Jet Black PureLash Lengthening Mascara to your top lashes.
- Finish your look with a light application of Charming PlayOn Lip Crayon.
Our sophisticated take on this bold runway look will give you a polished but trendy day to night makeup look this fall.
- Start by applying Smooth Affair for Oily Skin to your entire face (for dry or normal skin use the original Smooth Affair Facial Primer and Brightener).
- Apply a pea sized amount of Glow Time BB Cream in your shade to your entire face, blending onto your neck.
- Apply Sheer Honey PurePressed Blush to your cheeks using the White Fan Brush.
- Using the Eye Shader Brush, gently pat Steamy Eye Shadow on your entire eyelid and into your crease. Wipe the brush with a tissue.
- Using the same brush, apply Shady Lady Eye Shadow to the outer corner of your eye and slightly into your crease, creating a backward c.
- Liner your top lash line and outer 3/4 of your bottom lash line with Citrine Mystikol.
- Apply a coat of PureLash Extender and Conditioner to your top and bottom lash line, followed by 2 coats of Jet Black PureLash Lengthening Mascara using the short bristles first, then the long ones.
- Finish your look with Naughty PlayOn Lip Crayon.
What look will you try first? Share it with us on Instagram using #readytowear and tag @janeiredale!