I have no trouble with makeup for office or a night on the town, but what about casual days? When running errands, going to brunch, or having a glass of wine at sunset, it’s nice to look pulled together and pretty, but not too done up. For those times, here is a makeup look that is the makeup equivalent of a ponytail and takes less than five minutes.
- For a natural, lit-from-within glow, use In Touch Cream Blush. The Foundation Brush is ideal to apply and blend it. Swipe the brush across the end of the blush, and then smile to find the apples of your cheeks. Start applying the blush a tiny bit under the roundest part and blend up and out a bit. Fingers are fine too, but I find that I end up wiping off as much I put on.
- Next apply a bit of concealer. I love Active Light Under-eye Concealer for this because it is subtle and brightens the whole eye area. Apply a bit in the dark circles (if you have them) and then in the inner and outer corners of the eye.
- Step three is foundation. Use your favorite, or if you haven’t tried it, you might like Dream Tint Tinted Moisturizer. It is sheer and easy to apply, either with your fingers or the Blending Brush.
- To bring out your eyes without looking made up, choose an Eye Gloss in a shade that compliments your features – or your mood. Try Champagne Silk or Lilac Silk; or for darker skin tones, Brown Silk. Apply to the lid, lashes to crease, using the little doe-foot applicator. Dot it on and blend gently with the applicator. Then use your ring finger to blend around the edges and up into the crease. It’s OK (even good!) if a little bit creeps over into the corner of the eye; this will illuminate the area even more. Just remember a little goes a long way with this powerhouse product!
- Apply PureLash Lash Extender & Conditioner and a coat or two of Longest Lash Thickening and Lengthening Mascara. There is no need to go all out, it should look soft.
- Step back several feet from the mirror. If your eyes need a bit more definition (or you still look sleepy), apply a bit of neutral colored Eye Pencil, like Black/Grey or Black/Brown, into your lash line. No wings or cat’s eyes here! Just stick to defining the lash line. I like to swipe the Angle Definer Brush across the tip of the pencil and then wiggle it right along the roots of the lashes.
- If you’ll be outdoors, be sure to apply LipDrink Lip Balm first for your SPF, then swipe on some PureGloss Lip Gloss. Tourmaline and Just are your most natural options, or for a bit more pop, use your favorite shade. Put your gloss in your purse or pocket and you’re on your way.
That’s it! Bare-faced to fresh-faced in five minutes. Now you have plenty of time to get out and enjoy your weekend.