Everyone has a friend who loves celebrating different holidays. You might even be that friend— we sure are! It’s probably because we love playing with different makeup looks and colors, but any chance we have to create a festive makeup look, we jump at it. With St. Patrick’s Day around the corner, we’ve been testing green eye makeup combinations that are both bold and beautiful. So, scroll down and behold our favorite St. Patrick’s Day makeup look.
St. Patrick’s Day Makeup Essentials
When creating a St. Patrick’s Day makeup look, there are a few things you have to consider.
- You have to wear green. It’s St. Patrick’s Day, so you have to wear green, right? We try to contain the color to our eye area, but if you like to go bold, then have fun!
- You don’t have to wear kelly green. Yup, green can be a scary color to wear, but there are so many different shades so you don’t have to go for an eyelid of kelly green, matte eyeshadow. If you want to create a look that works for every day, try an emerald or a deep forest green.
- You’ll be eating/drinking. Whether you plan on having a big family dinner with corned beef and cabbage or sipping a green beer at your local pub, you’re going to be consuming food and liquids throughout the day. So, balance your standout eye makeup with a natural lip color.
Here are the four products you’ll need to create an easy St. Patrick’s Day makeup look.
Forest PurePressed Eye Shadow
Emerald Mystikol Powdered Eyeliner
24 Karat Gold Dust
Susan PureMoist Lipstick
Get the Look
- First, prime your eyelids with your favorite lid primer. We used Naked Smooth Affair for Eyes. This will help your eye shadow last longer.
- Apply Forest PurePressed Eye Shadow to your eyelid and blend it up into your crease.
- Line your top lash line with Emerald Mystikol Powdered Eyeliner (available March 12, 2018), and use the brush built into the cap to smudged the liner up toward the middle of your lid. You can also Forest eye shadow as a liner by applying it wet using the Angle Liner/Brow Brush.
- Add a little shimmer by patting 24 Karat Gold Dust into the inner corner of your eyelid using a Camouflage Brush or your fingers.
- Line your bottom lash line with Basic Black Eye Pencil and apply PureLash Lash Extender & Conditioner and your favorite mascara.
- Finish with a hint of blush and a lipstick that resembles your natural lip color— she’s wearing Rose Lip Pencil and Susan PureMoist Lipstick.
Now, all you have to do is pick the perfect outfit!
Share your #GoodBeautyStories!
We want to see your lucky, green eye makeup looks. If you recreate this St. Patrick’s Day makeup look, take a picture and share it with us on Instagram. Tag #GoodBeautyStories and @janeiredale for your chance to be featured in our Beauty Inspiration Gallery on and our Instagram page.