Pimples. Whiteheads. Blackheads. Zits. Blemishes. Acne. However it’s defined or labeled, we’ve all experienced the results of clogged pores. For some of us, its an occasional annoyance, and for others it’s a constant struggle. No matter how acne effects your life, when a blemish rears its irritated head, we all think “oh no, this has to go!” So, let’s talk about how to cover acne and acne scars using makeup.
You Must-Have Product to Cover Acne
If you get the occasional blemish, Zap & Hide Blemish Concealer is the product for you. One of the major indicators of a blemish is a red, irritated spot, and Zap & Hide contains beneficial botanicals and antioxidants that soothe and minimize the appearance of redness. So, when you first notice a zit, grab this full coverage concealer and pat it on the spot.
How to Cover Acne and Acne Scars Like a Pro
If acne is a daily concern or if you’re heading to a big event and (SURPRISE!) you have a stress zit, our Global Makeup Educator Shawn Towne has the solution for you.
- First, wash your face using BeautyPrep Face Cleanser. Apply the BeautyPrep Face Toner to help refine the appearance of pores, and moisturize your skin with the BeautyPrep Face Moisturizer.
- Next, prime your face by applying Absence Oil Control Primer with a Foundation Brush. This will help your makeup go on smooth and control the appearance of shine and oily skin.
- Apply your favorite liquid foundation. Shawn likes to use Dream Tint Tinted Moisturizer because it has a light formula and provides a semi-matte finish.
Now, it’s time to cover your acne and acne scars!
- Dot Disappear Full Coverage Concealer on any blemishes or scars, then blend it out in circular motions, using the Blending Brush.
- Once you’ve applied concealer, build coverage with PurePressed Base Mineral Foundation.
- Shawn recommends using the “press & roll” technique. This is when you fold a Flocked Sponge in half like a taco. Then, press and roll the foundation onto your skin for a more full coverage finish than you would receive using a brush.
- Finally, set your awesome camouflage work with Hydration Spray. Now, you’re ready to start on the rest of your makeup look!
Skin Accumax: The Natural Acne Solution
Though we know learning how to cover acne with makeup is truly an art, we also know that having clear, healthy skin is the goal. This is why we are proud to offer Skin Accumax as a way to help you achieve a clearer complexion.
Skin Accumax contains a synergistic combination of vitamins and plant nutrients which address the underlying factors of problem skin. This unique combination of ingredients helps to improve skin texture and clarity.
Learn more about Skin Accumax and the other Skincare Supplements we offer from our supplier Advanced Nutrition Programme.
Shop The Camouflage Essentials
Zap & Hide Blemish Concealer
Disappear Full Coverage Concealer
$65.80 – $157.00