It’s that time of year again! New pencils and notebooks, shoes and jackets, teachers and textbooks; whether you’re going to school, you have kids going back, or it’s just that feeling you get inside, it’s Back To School! We’re getting in touch with that school spirit, by giving a semester-long class in makeup. We’ll answer all of your most pressing makeup questions over the coming weeks; most of which have come from our Facebook page, but if you have questions, please leave them as a comment below and we’ll be sure to answer!
What is the difference between your new BB Cream and Liquid Minerals?
- Liquid Minerals A Foundation has sheer to medium coverage.
- Glow Time Full Coverage Mineral BB Cream has medium to full coverage and can be nearly opaque if too much is applied.
- Liquid Minerals has none.
- Glow Time BB Cream has a SPF of 25. Because of this, it is best to wear a powder over your Liquid Minerals, which also may change the finish. Glow Time BB Cream does not require a powder, although you can if you want to! Also, instead of using Amazing Base Loose Mineral Powder or PurePressed Base Mineral Foundation, since it already has SPF you can using PureMatte Finish Powder.
- We recommend that you apply Liquid Minerals by dispensing two pumps onto the back of your hand. Next, mix it together using your foundation brush until it has a smooth consistency, next apply it to your face using downward strokes. Now, here’s my personal recommendation, because I’m too lazy to take those steps, I pump it twice directly on my face, then blend it with the Blending Brush until it’s smooth.
- For Glow Time BB Cream dispense a small amount, smaller than a pea, onto your index finger. Then dab your index finger, middle finger and ring finger from both hands into the “smaller than a pea” sized drop then gently tap them all over your face until it is well blended. For best results, use a moisturizer or our new Smooth Affair Facial Primer & Brightener underneath.
- Because of the full coverage you get with Glow Time BB Cream, it also acts as a
concealer. You can apply a little extra to the areas you want to conceal, or even using a shade lighter under your eyes to brighten them and cover under eye circles.
- Liquid Minerals has a luminescent finish, which is sheer but brightening.
- Glow Time BB Cream has a velvety finish, smooth and “glowing”.
- Liquid Minerals comes in 18 of our 24 shades, if you know what shade you are in PurePressed Base or Amazing Base you should be able to match it up with Liquid Minerals or at least get close to it. Because it has such sheer coverage even if you don’t find your exact shade, it should adapt to look great on your skin.
- Glow Time BB Cream comes in 6 shades, here is a chart that should help you narrow down what shade may be best for you:
BB1: Light, ex. Ivory and Bisque
BB3: Medium Light, ex. Radiant and Warm Silk
BB5: Medium, ex. Warm Sienna, Amber, Golden Glow
BB7: Medium Dark, ex. Suntan, Riviera
BB9: Dark, ex. Carmel, Fawn, Coffee
BB11: Very Dark, ex. Mink, Maple, Chestnut
What is similar about Glow Time BB Cream and Liquid Minerals?
- Both work to diminish fine lines and wrinkles and also to minimize pores.
- Neither contain any FD&C dyes.
- Both are non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic, sensitivity tested, clinically tested and dermatologist tested.
- Both are hydrating to skin.
Here are two videos that show each products application. I hope this was helpful and look forward to reading your comments and questions below!
Liquid Minerals Application:
Glow Time BB Cream Application: