What is a Magic Mitt?Magic Mitt is a cleansing cloth that quickly and completely removes makeup using water. It's made of specially knitted micro-fibers many times thinner than a human hair, which are able to penetrate oil films. This hydro-mechanical process breaks the surface tension of the oils that bond makeup to the skin while the fibers gently exfoliate. The combination of warm water and micro-fibers turn the makeup into an emulsion that is easily swept away by the Mitt. It will even remove long-lasting lip stain—check it out!
How do You Clean It?Cleaning your Magic Mitt is just as simple as using it! First, wash Magic Mitt in warm water and a gentle soap until all makeup residue is gone. Rinse thoroughly and hang it up to dry. Like all cloths, make sure you store your Magic Mitt in a place that allows it to fully dry. When the Magic Mitt dries completely, the unique micro-fibers slough off all skin cells, dirt and oil, ensuring nothing is left on it to culture bacteria or fungi.
13 Magical Uses of Magic MittNow that you know what the Magic Mitt is made of and how to use it, we have to share a secret. This Mitt is so much more than a face cleanser! It can be used in any number of ways on your body and around your house. That's why we always recommend keeping at least one Mitt in your bag and a few around the home.
On Your Body
- Body Wash Mitt: It's not just for your face, you (and your kids) can use it on your bodies too!
- Tanning Glove: Keep your hands clean when self-tanning by using it as a blending Mitt for Tantasia.
- Toner Applicator: If you run out of cotton balls, you can always use the Magic Mitt to apply your BeautyPrep Face Toner.
- Gentle Exfoliator: Remember when we said the fibers gently exfoliate the skin? That's why we love using the Mitt to exfoliate our bodies before using a self-tanner.
- Hair Color Remover: If you just dyed your hair and noticed a few stains around your hairline, put a bit of cleanser/color removal liquid on your Magic Mitt and rub the dye away.
- Tooth Brush: Forgot to pack your toothbrush when traveling? We have a Mitt for that!
On Your Clothes
- Stain Remover: Wet it to use as a stain remover. It even gets chocolate out of linen (because we've all been there)!
- Deodorant Remover: Remove deodorant marks your clothes with a dry Mitt.
Around the HouseEvery now and then, we have to say goodbye to our Magic Mitt and trade it for a new one. Instead of throwing it away, we like to upcycle the Mitt and use it for household projects!
- Jewelry, Lens & Glass Cleaner: The tiny micro-fibers easily wipe away fingerprint smudges on jewelry, eyeglasses, camera lenses, crystal vases, etc. without water or cleaner.
- Dusting Cloth: The micro-fibers also lock in dust.
- Dish Dryer: Yup, they're great for drying dishes too!
- Cleaning Cloth: You can also use the Magic Mitt to wipe down you bathroom counters or vanity if you accidentally spill a little makeup.
- Fresh Produce Cleaner: After you've rinsed your fresh fruit and vegetables, wipe them with the Magic Mitt to remove any remaining dirt and dry them at the same time.