Lipstick is one of the most classic cosmetics and remains an essential part of many women's makeup routine. There's even a holiday to celebrate its greatness—National Lipstick Day is July 29! We often rely on lipstick to help us feel pulled together and confident. On the other hand, sometimes we simply wear it because we enjoy the shade, the moisturizing finish, or even its scent. If you're a lipstick lover like we are, these lipstick hacks will make applying your favorite shade even better.
7 Life-changing Lipstick HacksFor those who love it, lipstick is a way of life. So any trick that makes it easier to wear, maintain and enhance your lip color is essential. Keep reading to learn everything from the right way to apply lip liner, how to fix broken lipstick, or simply how to change the finish of your favorite lipstick.
1) Exfoliate your lips.No matter what color or finish of lipstick you are using, having smooth, hydrated lips is vital. When your lips are dry or flaky, the lip color doesn't last as long or look as uniform. Use our Sugar & Butter Lip Exfoliator to slough off any dead skin, leaving your lips smooth, supple, and ready for color.
2) Fix mistakes with Absence.Lipstick mistakes happen to everyone, but erasing stray marks of color is easier than you think! Many people recommend applying a little concealer around your lip line after applying lipstick, but we prefer to use Absence Oil Control Primer. If you apply a tiny amount to any stray marks using the Camouflage Brush, it acts as a magic eraser to helps get rid of mistakes and make your lip line more defined—no wiping necessary.
3) Make any lipstick matte.Matte lips are on trend at the moment, but what can you do if your favorite shade isn’t in a matte finish? Find a matte blush that is a similar shade then, using your finger, gently pat the powder blush onto your lips to create a beautiful matte finish.
4) Lock your lip look in all day.One of the challenging things about lipstick is how your favorite shade can slowly fade as you wear it. To keep your lip look locked in place all day try the following steps. Gently blot excess lipstick off on a tissue after you've applied it. Using a clean tissue separate the two ply apart so that you have one thin layer of tissue in each hand. Place one layer across your lips, then using translucent loose powder sprinkle a dusting of powder across your lips. Finally add another layer of lipstick and you're good to go! The translucent powder absorbs excess oil on your lips throughout the day, helping the lipstick to adhere better and last longer.
5) Get a perfect line every time.We all struggle to create the illusion of perfectly defined lips, but using this hack makes lining your lips easy. First, using your Lip Pencildraw a diagonal line from the highest point of your top lip, down the inside of your Cupid's bow to the bottom of your upper lip. Then, repeat the process on the other side of you Cupid’s bow. Creating the X helps you create a perfectly lined Cupid’s bow every time.
6) Nudes not enough?We all love our favorite nude lipsticks, but sometimes they just don’t look right. This might be because your natural lip color is showing through the lipstick. To fix this, pat a small amount of concealer or foundation over your lips before applying your lipstick. This hack will ensure that your lipstick is true to color.
7) Stop your lipstick from feathering.If your lipstick sometimes strays outside of your lip line, try using a face primer, like our Smooth Affair® for Oily Skin Facial Primer & Brightener. Apply the primer on clean lips before you apply your lipstick. Your lipstick won’t stray again.
We Want to KnowDo you have any other lipstick hacks that you can’t live without? Tell us in the comments below or show us on Instagram by tagging #BeautyWithBrilliance and #TheSkincareMakeup.
Shop this Post
PureMoist Lipstick $25.00
Lip Pencil $15.00
Absence Oil Control Primer $40.00