About the Pure & Simple Makeup KitBefore we continue gushing about the Pure & Simple Makeup Kit, here's a rundown of all of the products included in the palette.
- Two (2) PurePressed Base Mineral Foundation shades, varies based on kit.
- Two (2) PurePressed Eye Shadows in shades Oyster and Supernova.
- One (1) PurePressed Blush shade, varies based on kit.
- One (1) Just Kissed Lip and Cheek Stain in shades Forever Pink or Forever Peach.
- One (1) Foldable Brush and one (1) Sponge Tip Applicator.
Getting the Pure & Simple LookThere are plenty of ways to create a natural makeup look with this kit, so we tapped our Global Makeup Educators to show you how to get four different looks, which are beautiful for any age.
Different Ways to Use Mineral FoundationBy itself, PurePressed Base is a multitasking miracle worker. It's a semi-matte foundation that contains broad spectrum SPF protection, and can be used as a concealer and setting powder. Plus, it's packed with ingredients that have skincare benefits, like Pomegranate Extract that helps fight free-radical production and protect your skin. In the Pure & Simple Makeup Kit, we included two shades of PurePressed Base. Here's why:
- It adjust with your tan. You can wear the lighter shade when your skin is a little paler and the darker shade for your sunkissed moments.
- You can mix the two shades to customize your foundation color.
- Lastly, the two shades can work as a highlighter or contour color depending on which one you use as foundation. If the light shade is your foundation, use the dark shade as contour, and vise versa for highlighter.
More Than Just Eye ShadowWe also had our reasons for including Oyster and Supernova PurePressed Eye Shadow. The first is, both shades are universally flattering. They also pair well together for a soft, yet defined eye makeup look, and they can easily double as other products. You can use Oyster, the shimmery pearl shade, as a highlighter on your cheekbones, brow bones and your cupid's bow. Any place you want a little extra glow, this eye shadow can be applied. Supernova is a shimmery copper, eggplant shade, we recommend using it as the contour shade in your eye makeup look. Additionally, you can use it as an eyeliner if you wet the sponge applicator (or an Angle Liner/Brow Brush).
Double the Blushes, Double the FunThe Pure & Simple Makeup Kit only contains one PurePressed Blush shade, but the Just Kissed Lip and Cheek Stain allows you to double up on your cheek color. This little lip product is a friend favorite for good reason. It uses your skin's pH to develop a shade of peach (Forever Peach) or pink (Forever Pink) that is unique to you, and it lasts all day! When we want to add subtle color to our cheeks, we use either PurePressed Blush or Just Kissed Lip and Cheek Stain, but when we want our cheekbones to pop, here's how we do it:
- First, apply Forever Peach or Forever Pink to the apples of your cheeks. You can do so from the tube or using the sponge applicator. Use your finger to blend it on the skin.
- Then, brush on a layer of the PurePressed Blush from your kit to intensify the color.
- Lastly, add a bit of Oyster PurePressed Eye Shadow to your cheek bones.