Try adding a tinted moisturizer or liquid foundation under your powder. Liquid Minerals A Foundation is my go-to foundation for the dryer months. I love the extra moisture I get with it and I feel that it offers me better coverage, especially when applying my PurePressed Base Mineral Foundation over it. I always wear my base over Liquid Minerals to ensure I have SPF coverage. Here is the best way I have found to apply Liquid Minerals:
- Squirt two pumps onto the back of your hand.
- Using your Foundation brush mix the product in a circular motion until all the ingredients are combined.
- Apply Liquid Minerals it to your face in criss-cross motions with your brush, be sure to work it in well for best results.
While I’m usually a PurePressed Base girl, during the dryer months I like to switch to Amazing Base Loose Mineral Powder. Amazing Base, as opposed to PurePressed Base, offers a more luminescent finish rather than a matte finish; this makes my face appear fresher at a time of the year when I do not have as much oil. This is how I like to apply Amazing Base:
- Gently tip Amazing Base over and tap on the bottom twice, knocking some powder into the cap.
- I then take my Chisel Powder brush and using all sides of the brush, wiggle the bristles into the powder, ensuring I pick it all up out of the cap.
- I then tap the brush on the cap to get off any excess powder.
- I apply Amazing Base by gently patting the sides of the brush on my face.
- I finish with a spritz of Hydration Spray, which helps to cover up any dry patches as well as set my minerals; D2O is my favorite for dryer skin.
Think shimmer and gloss to freshen up your face and keep it glowing all year. Last, but certainly not least, I am always sure to have my LipDrink Lip Balm handy. I love it for keeping my lips moist and it is especially great under Lip Fixations.