The Benefits of Lemongrass OilLemongrass Essential Oil is an aroma-therapeutic oil that is said to have a range of health benefits. On the aromatherapy side, it is a calming scent that some claim helps reduce stress and anxiety. According to healthline.com, it also has the potential to help relieve a range of health issue, including:
- Digestive problems;
- High blood pressure; and,
How we use Lemongrass OilHere at jane iredale, we love the citrus scent of lemongrass and infuse it into many of our products. We use it because of its refreshing scent, and because it also helps limit the secretion of oils. When you see Cymbopogon Citratus listed in the ingredients as either an extract or an oil; that's the scientific name for lemongrass. It can be found in Glow Time BB Cream, Lemongrass Love Hydration Spray, and HandDrink SPF 15 Hand Cream.
HandDrink SPF 15 Hand Cream $29.00
Glow Time Full Coverage BB Cream $48.00
Lemongrass Love Hydration Spray $30.00
Get Revitalized with Lemongrass TeaIf the bright scent of lemongrass is a favorite of yours, then you'll love this delicious tea that's perfect for the summer. Here's how to make it:
|Prep Time 5 minutes||Cook Time 10 minutes||Servings 8|
Ingredients4 cups water 1 stalk of lemongrass (roughly chopped; about 2 cups) 1/4 cup sugar Lemon or lime wedges; as the garnish
- Boil the water on high heat. Once the water is boiled, add the chopped lemongrass and boil on high for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and continue boiling for 5 more minutes.
- Strain the tea into a pitcher, removing all of the lemongrass stalks. Stir in the sugar to dissolve it.
- Serve it warm during the cold winters or refrigerate it for a refreshing summer beverage.