As a middle-school aged gal I began my first struggles with acne. It was embarrassing, so my mom started letting me wear foundation and blush to cover up the little red bumps and blemishes all over my face. Unfortunately, we were a little less educated about the dangers of putting harsh cosmetics on our face when I was in 6th grade, so little did my mom or I know that the more I covered the worse it actually got.
Fast forward 15 years and I was still having the same struggles. It's embarrassing as a teenager, but acne is even more frustrating as an adult. Thankfully a few years ago I started working at this amazing company and within a few months of wearing jane iredale my acne began to heal. Some people say, "maybe you should have stopped wearing makeup altogether" but what they don't understand is that I didn't want to leave the house without my "face" because I felt so terrible; now the only reason I wear foundation is for the SPF and to even my skin tone. I genuinely don't believe "not wearing makeup" was the answer, I believe it was the amazing ingredients in jane iredale makeup that really helped to clear my skin. I know that I am one of the lucky ones, and many of us need more help than just a cleaner makeup with healing properties to rid our acne, but the makeup made a huge difference for me. It did take about two months for my skin to begin clearing, so during that time I needed a lot of help camouflaging my acne. Here is what I did, I hope it helps you as well!
How to Cover Acne Makeup Tutorial
- Apply a thin layer of Absence Oil Control Primer using the Foundation Brush. By thin, I mean VERY thin - if you can see it go on, you are using too much and will actually cause you to get even more oily. A little bit goes a long way.
- Using the Handi Brush, apply PurePressed Base Mineral Foundation in your shade to your entire face. I liked to put two "coats" of powder on during this step, but you may prefer one.
- With the Camouflage Brush, apply Disappear Concealer to any very red areas and let the concealer dry.
- After the concealer is dry, repeat with a second layer of concealer, if necessary. Be sure to "feather" the edges so there isn't a stark contrast between the concealed area and the rest of your skin.
- Lightly spray your skin with Balance Hydration Spray, this will help set the minerals without adding excess oil to your skin.
If you don't have heavy redness but have slightly discolored blemishes, you can replace steps 3 & 4 and simply rub your Flocked Sponge into your PurePressed Base and then gently press it to the area that needs to be concealed. Roll it off and ta-da, blemish gone! This is my favorite camouflage technique and I still use it whenever I have some discoloration or redness on my face. If you have very oily skin, feel free to finish your look with PureMatte Finish Powder and carry Facial Blotting Papers in your purse in case you need to absorb any excess oil that may appear throughout the day.
Now that you've camouflaged your acne using PurePressed Base, be sure to go back through and add some color using My favorite is Whisper PurePressed Blush because it has a touch of shimmer which is great for distracting from any little bumps.
Skin Accumax: The Natural Acne Solution
Though we know learning how to cover acne with makeup is truly an art, we also know that having clear, healthy skin is the goal. This is why we are proud to offer Skin Accumax as a way to help you achieve a clearer complexion. Skin Accumax contains a synergistic combination of vitamins and plant nutrients which address the underlying factors of problem skin. This unique combination of ingredients helps to improve skin texture and clarity. Learn more about Skin Accumax and the other Skincare Supplements we offer from our supplier Advanced Nutrition Programme.
Shop The Camouflage Essentials
Disappear Full Coverage Concealer $30.00
Do you have any acne camouflage tips or questions? Tell us below!