Let’s get real about contouring. We’ve talked about how to contour before. It’s a technique that’s been around forever and isn’t going away anytime soon. That doesn’t mean it has to be scary or time-consuming. Here at jane iredale we’re all about creating makeup that is beautiful and practical for real women, that’s why we created the GreatShape Contour Kit. Here we’ll show you how to use it and how to contour in just 3 easy steps.
This contour kit is perfect for anyone who wants to learn how to contour and make your features pop and is also looking for an easy-to-use option from a clean makeup brand. It has matte contour powder, highlighter, and blush in one palette and comes in Warm and Cool shades. Now that you know the quick stats about the GreatShape Contour Kit, let's talk about how to use it.
How to Contour with the GreatShape Contour KitWhen contouring and highlighting with our GreatShape Contour Kit, all you have to do is remember three simple steps:
- SCULPT your bone structure with the contour powder. This goes anywhere you want to create a shadow.
- ILLUMINATE the high points of your face with the powder highlighter to bring out your favorite features.
- ENHANCE your cheeks with a hint of blush.
Check out this quick three-step tutorial to see the GreatShape Contour Kit in action!
When should I apply contour?We recommend applying your contour, highlighter, and blush after you apply your foundation. Some people prefer to create their eye makeup look before contouring, but you can also do it before you perfect your smokey eye (or quick mascara application).
Whether you wear the Warm or Cool Contour Kit depends on your skin undertones and the look you want to achieve. Similar to when you want to choose the right blush for your skin tone, you should pick the shade that mimics your skin's undertone for a natural look and one that is opposite of your undertone for a more dramatic look.
Should I use the Warm or Cool Contour Kit?
For a Natural Contour...
- People with WARM or golden undertones should choose the Warm Contour Kit.
- People with COOL or pink undertones should choose the Cool Contour Kit.
For a Dramatic Contour...
- People with WARM or golden undertones should choose the Cool Contour Kit.
- People with COOL or pink undertones should choose the Warm Contour Kit.