Basics: When you first open your brand new Amazing Base Loose Mineral Powder, you will notice that there are a series of holes in the top plastic, covered by a clear sticker. I recommend poking 4-5 of the holes in that sticker at first, screwing the top back on, tipping the foundation over and gently tapping the bottom 3 times. When you flip Amazing Base Loose Mineral Powder right side up and carefully unscrew the top, you should have enough powder for your first application. If you feel you need more powder during your application process, you may pop more holes or peel that sticker off all together. Once you have the powder in your cap take your Chisel Powder Brush and press it into the cap, wiggling the brush back and forth to evenly distribute the powder onto the brush. Turn the brush over to the other side and do the same thing. Once you have the powder on your brush bristles, gently tap off any excess. Then begin your application by gently patting the side of the brush bristles on your face.
To watch this application for yourself take a look at the video below.
When you are finished, spritz with Hydration Spray to set the minerals and adhere them to your skin. For many of you this one layer is enough coverage, but for those of us who suffer from fussy skin, one or two more layers, applied using the same technique, may be necessary. Beyond: Amazing Base Loose Mineral Powder currently offers the most coverage of any of the jane iredale foundations, and it is “amazing” for covering scarring, heavy bruising or even tattoos. We get asked about tattoo coverage a lot, especially from brides who may be looking to cover tattoos that show when wearing their gown. This may not be for everyone, but if this is something you need, here are the steps:
- Using the Camouflage Brush, apply a layer of Disappear Concealerover the tattoo by gently pressing the brush on the skin.
- Tap some of your Amazing Base Loose Mineral Powder into the cap.
- Take your Flocked Sponge and press it into the cap picking up some of the powder.
- Place your powdered Flocked Sponge over the tattoo and press down, then roll off, as if you are stamping the tattoo. Continue this until the entire tattoo is covered.
- Spritz with Hydration Spray and let dry.