Jane Iredale is a real person. On a snowy day you can see her brushing off her car with the rest of us.
- Our headquarters are in Great Barrington, MA, voted the #1 small town in the US by Smithsonian Magazine in 2012.
- In 2014 we will move into a new building that is Gold LEED-certified. For example, the landscaping includes rain gardens that control and filter all of the runoff before it leaves our property on toward the river.
- 87% of our employees are women. 42% have been with the company for 5+ years, another 8% for 10+ years.
- Jane's mother, Tess, assembles the Magic Mitts by hand - she's 100 years old!
- Our employees tend to, and enjoy, vegetables and fruit from, an organic vegetable garden located on our campus. For those who don't garden, a local farmer visits and holds a farmers' market
for us every Tuesday through summer and fall.
- We are committed to making our products environmentally friendly: our hydration sprays are now ECOCERT-certified.
- We're passionate about philanthropy. We've supported many charities from the arts to animal rights; most notably, during the five-year span of our partnership with the organization Living Beyond Breast Cancer we donated over $230,000!
- Our ingredients and our products are cruelty-free. We wear the Leaping Bunny logo with pride on all our packaging.
- A sprig of lavender is included in every jane iredale shipment, a tradition initiated by Jane at the very beginning, when she used to clip a sprig from her garden to include in every order.
- We proudly own the phrase THE SKIN CARE MAKEUP. Makeup that cares for the skin has been the foundation of our line from the start.
- Six of our products are recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation as effective UV sunscreens.
- With colors ranging from flattering neutrals to the most daring brights; and finishes from candlelit shimmer to dewy, glossy, creamy and matte, we have everything that a heart desires for cheek, lip and eye.
- We play with the trends but we're not ruled by them, and the editors take notice. We had more than 1.8 billion press impressions in the US, in 2013 alone.
- We personally respond to every comment and question from our 55,000+ Facebook friends.
- There is a short application video for every one of our products on our YouTube channel.
- Our Beauty Gallery tester displays are 100% made in the USA.
- You can find us in more places than you think - spas, salons, beauty stores, dermatologists offices - find out where to shop on our store locator page on
- You can find us in 43 countries world wide...and counting...
- We launched our first skin care supplement in 2013: Skin Accumax addresses problem skin from within. The results (and reviews!) are glowing.
20 fun facts to celebrate our 20th anniversary
- April 01, 2014
- 2 min read