3.9 (15 Reviews)
This is the first Jane Iredale product that I have not liked. I used it daily for a week with no results.
Not even a hint of color resulted. With the Jane Iredale name I was extremely surprised it was so ineffective. Would return it if possible.
We’re sorry you didn’t see the results you were expecting! Usually after three days of continued use, we begin to see a natural pigment change. However, since everyone’s formation of melanin is different, results can vary. We’re glad you gave it a try for a week and if you still aren’t seeing results, one of our Personal Shoppers can help you with an exchange. You can contact them at 877-869-9420 or email@example.com.
Just "OK" experience. Hyper-pigmentation warning!
I am an avid Jane Iredale user. I heard excellent reviews about this self-tanner, but have only given it 3 stars for the following reasons:
1) BEWARE to those who have hyper-pigmentation! I bought this because I avoid the sun now due to hyper-pigmentation, but still wanted a summer glow. The product description page says nothing about this, but I found documentation elsewhere on the internet from JI that you should consult your derm if you're currently being treated for melasma or hyper-pigmentation, as this product could actually worsen your dark spots. (I have used this product, but avoid my spots.) Strike 1.
2) For those with medium to olive skin tones, you won't see much change until day 4-5. I wear "Golden Glow" almost year round, tan very easily, and have naturally darker skin than most Caucasian women. I didn't see real color difference until day 4-5. Lots of application for slow results. Having said that, the color-- once it shows up-- is nice.
3) The auto-bronzer is a nice touch for smooth and even application (because you can see where you've applied it), but I wouldn't wear this under my make-up. Like I mentioned, I don't have a fair complexion, and I look like an oompa-loompa after putting this stuff on. I can't imagine how it would look on some one with lighter skin. It does come off on my bed sheets a teensy bit, but not enough to be a real annoyance.
4) Those who claim this product is odorless don't have very sensitive noses. While it smells less than most self-tanners, I can still smell it. I had to wait about 30 hours post-application before I couldn't smell it anymore. (Even post face washing).
5) The price. This is expensive stuff. More applications for slower results. I have a grocery store brand that delivers pretty good color overnight for $9/bottle.
6) I suspect this product caused my skin to break out. I know that lots of different factors go into causing breakouts, but I used this stuff for 4 nights straight and developed zits, whereas I normally have no zits. I know JI will probably argue me on this one, but I have sensitive skin and will experiment again w/ the product once I've cleared up.
Having said all of this, I am still very loyal to this brand, but just don't know if I'll drop nearly $40 on this product again.
Hi there, We’re so sorry you aren’t completely satisfied with Tantasia. If hyperpigmentation is a concern, it’s always best to patch test and discuss the product with your physician prior to use. If you have questions about the application or expected results, please feel free to call our Personal Shoppers at 877-869-9420.
This is a great self tanner that is not orange-e looking. My husband asked me if I was going to the tanning bed it looked so natural!
Tantasia is Great!
I read the reviews for this and decided to go for it. I have finally found a self-tanner that's not all greasy and streaky. I have very fair skin and this looks very natural. Most other ones I've used make me look orange and just looks disgusting and blotchy. As far as people who are complaining about the smell, well it is a self-tanner after all, and it's not usually the self-tanner that smells but when your body's chemistry mixes with the tanner that makes the unpleasant smell. With that being said, this does still have the "smell" but this is not as strong as others and is tolerable. By the way, LOVE that this has a bronzer so you can see where you've put this! I would recommend.
Oh, the smell...
This tanner is fantastic. Subtle, yet it works. Not permanent, but it does build with daily use.
Unfortunately I hate the smell and it gives me a headache. It's meant to be citrussy but to me it's heavy and overbearing. Too sweet, with a bit of a chemical bite to it. Apparently I'm one of the few who don't like it so don't let it deter you: this is a great product. But I'm not usually sensitive to smells and it bugs me. Definitely sniff it before you buy.
Good product, but the smell....
I like the results over time but the smell gives me a headache. It's a citrussy smell that isn't offensive at first but after I apply it i feel sick. Unfortunate....
I received this as a sample with some other purchease. In the past i'd tried a few other natural tanners but none of them gave me any color. This one did. and i like the smell...(exactly like fruit loops) going to stock up!
I do like this self tanner because I like the color that develops. It's very natural looking even for my fair skin. However to me it has the same funky smell that all self tanners have when the color's developing. I can't believe the reviewers that said it didn't have a smell!
My favorite self tanner
Tried them all, and this is the best by far. Smells wonderful, doesn't streak, doesn't leave that "sticky" feeling on your skin. I can shower in the AM and apply Tantasia to my legs and it dries in a snap...no waiting. I have fair skin, and I like the fact that it doesn't build up to a super dark "fake tan" look. I recommended it to my fair skinned boss who now uses it regularly.
Love the look, but...
...it rubs off on my bedsheets. I put it on early in the day, plenty of time to dry, but I can see where it's leaving color behind on the sheets. I don't know if it will also happen this summer when I'm wearing white pants, but users should be aware.
I'm not overusing it, having only applied it to my legs in two applications.
I am so sorry your Tantasia is rubbing off on your sheets. Tantasia is a bronzer that gives you instant color, as well as a self-tanner that works gradually; it could be the bronzer that is transferring. It sounds like you are doing the right thing by applying it lightly - as with all of our products, a little goes along way. You could also try applying it before your moisturizer (if you are using any). In any case, I will contact you privately to arrange an exchange, as perhaps there is something amiss with your tube.
Finally a great self tanner that does not have the strong unpleasant chemical odor that all other tanners have despite them trying to mask it with fragrance. Tantasia's very nice light citrus fragance fades to no smell at all after a short time.
The tanner has color which helps ensure no missed spots or streaks and gives an instant tan. Also the color lasts much longer than any other self tanner I have tried. A great product.
Best self tanner
I have tried many self tanners and they all make me smell weird and it turns into being more of a chore to self tan. Tantasia is the best because you don't stink! Plus it leaves a nice golden glow and it goes on streak free. I am pretty fair and have sensitive skin and it doesn't irritate me at all.
This self-tanner works way to slow for me. I have used over half of the tube with hardly any results. I was only using on face neck and shoulder. True, it goes on easy and doesn't smell bad. I want color like the picture. Doesn't deliver for the money.
I absolutly love this product! It has no smell, and the product is streak free and builds color gradually. love love love!!
FINALLY a self tanner with no unpleasant scent and good for my oily skin!
I just received this product yesterday and immediately had to try it. I am very pleased. It has a pleasant light scent and gives just the right hint of colour. I cannot wait to see the colour it gives me with continued use. Thnaks for always making great products Jane Iredale!