March has arrived here at the home office of jane iredale. The days are a little longer, but it is still below freezing most of the time. What can we do when it won’t warm up? Create a little heat with makeup! Spring looks are usually demure, but here is a different take: a sultry, shimmering look that makes spring feel like sizzling summer:
- Start with Champagne Silk Eye Gloss on your whole lid, lashes to crease. Blend gently by patting with your ring finger. If you want more coverage, let it dry a bit and apply a second coat.
- Dot a tiny bit of Brown Silk Eye Gloss into the crease, blending upward.
- Thickly line the upper lash line with a burnished gold liner such as Citrine Mystikol. The effect should be soft and smudgy. Line lower lash line as well, close to the lash line.
- Use the highlighter end of your Mystikol to add shimmer to the brow bone and the inner corner of the eye (blend with your finger).
- Warm the exterior of the face with So-Bronze 3, in the bottom step of Warm My Steppes. It doesn’t matter if you are a “warm” or a “cool” shade. This is makeup, there are no rules! Dip a nice fluffy White Fan Brush into the bronzer and dust it around your hairline from above the temples to the jaw line, blending inwards. We are not contouring here, just creating a healthy-looking glow. Reload your brush as often as needed, but you should not be noticing too much color on the face! We want to look warm and golden, not “made up.”
- Swipe your brush on a tissue to remove the bronzer, and then use it to sweep Whisper, the blush in the middle step of your My Steppes, over the apples of your cheeks. Smile to see the apple of the cheek and blend up and out.
- Staying with the White Fan Brush, tap some 24-Karat Gold Dust into the lid of the jar. Try Gold or Rose Gold. Dip your brush into the lid and sweep 24-Karat Gold Dust onto the tops of your cheek bones. Dip your brush into the lid again (tap out more if you need to) and dust over your closed eyelid. Start out with a little and then build the luster depending on your desire. The more shimmer you use, the more sizzling the look!
- Give everything a fresh dewy finish with a spritz or two of your favorite Hydration Spray.
- Lashes get an inky, wet look with a coat of PureLash Lash Extender & Conditioner followed by several coats of Jet Black PureLash Mascara on top lashes.
- Seal the deal with a bright, pretty, pop of pink on your lips. Forever Pink Just Kissed Lip and Cheek Stain adjusts to your personal chemistry to deliver the perfect shade of bright, fresh pink just for you.
There you have it: hot makeup to warm up your spring. Will you try it?