I love eye makeup and Mystikols are my new best friend. They are versatile, last forever and ooo la la, the colors! I have been using them every day and can create so many looks.
First, here are some basics abut Mystikols:
This is a totally new type of eyeliner: a creamy powder in gorgeous, saturated colors. One end is for liner and shadow, the other end is a coordinating highlighter. The pigment itself lives in the twist-off caps on either end. The “pen” has beautifully shaped sponge-tip applicators. The liner side is a bit pointier, perfect for tight-lining if you use the tip; great for a softer or even smoky line – or eye shadow, if you use the side of the applicator. The highlighter end is rounded to place it just so on the brow bone or in the inner corners, really anywhere you need a hint of light. To reload the applicator, simply pump it into the cap. Warning: don’t stick anything else (brush, paper clip, etc.) into the cap or you may dislodge the pigment.
Nice and natural (also in the video below):
This fresh, pretty look is perfect for weekends, heading to class, or running errands, especially holiday shopping. Just three steps gets you out the door in a jiffy and lasts all day:
- Apply a light-to-medium shade of eye shadow from lashes to crease, or all the way up to the brow, as you prefer. Try the large base shade from your Eye Steppes, or the light or medium shade from your favorite PurePressed Eye Shadow Triple, one of the lighter shades from your PurePressed Eye Shadow Kit or an Eye Gloss.
- Apply your favorite Mystikol to the top lash line. Trace the line from the outer corner in, so the line is slightly thicker at the outside. I like to draw slightly on the side of the applicator so the line is a bit softer and thicker.
- Apply PureLash Lash Extender & Conditioner, and just a bit of Longest Lash Thickening and Lengthening Mascara to the top lashes. Done!
Perfectly polished (also in video):
- Apply the medium shade from your favorite eye shadow triple to the lid with the Deluxe Shader Brush.
- Use the Crease Brush to apply the darkest shade to your crease
- Apply the lightest shade to your brow bone.
- Line the outer two-thirds of the top and bottom lash lines with your favorite shade of Mystikol. If you want to tight line for a crisper look, use the very point of the Mystikol applicator.
- Apply PureLash Extender & Conditioner and two coats of Longest Lash Thickening and Lengthening Mascara.
- Start with the lightest shade from lashes to brow.
- Use the Chisel Shader Brush to apply the medium shade to the crease. Instead of applying in a half moon, blend up and out at the outer corner.
- Apply the darkest shade to the outer third of the lid, blending up and out. Use a Flocked Sponge to swipe from the outer corner of the eye to the outer edge of the eye brow.
- Line the upper lash line with your Mystikol from the outer corner in, thicker to thinner, ending about three quarters of the way in. The liner should end just a hair before the outer corner and turn up ever so slightly.
- Line the bottom lash line from the outside in, ending about halfway in. Connect the bottom line to the top one at the outer corner.
- Apply PureLash Lash Extender & Conditioner and some mascara, and and you’re done!
Next blog: three evening looks, coming very soon (no really, I mean it!), and in the meantime, check out the video below, featuring our own Jamie Roberts, sales support manager.