No matter the woman — age, skin type, skin tone, etc. — we all love a natural makeup look. It’s a look that is so effortless and subtle even you start believing you have perfect skin. Luckily, here at jane iredale, we have amazing makeup to help improve the health and appearance of your skin and equally wonderful Global Beauty Educators to show us how to use those products to create any look we want from dramatic to simple and natural.
Keep reading to learn how to create a makeup look that you can wear every day of your life and to watch a natural makeup look video tutorial that will help you apply your favorite products like a pro.
Essential Products for a Natural Makeup Look
Before we get started creating a natural makeup look for all ages, here are the products our Global Beauty Educator, Shawn Towne, recommends:
- Smooth Affair Facial Primer & Brightener.
- Liquid Minerals foundation and Amazing Base Loose Mineral Powder; find your shades using our Foundation Finer Quiz.
- Circle\Delete Concealer, if you have dark under-eye circles.
- A matte bronzer, like So-Bronze or the one found in our GreatShape Contour Kits.
- PurePressed Blush in your favorite shade; you can also use the blush in the GreatShape Contour Kit.
- The Retractable Brow Pencil; there are shades for all hair colors!
- An eye shadow primer like Smooth Affair for Eyes and two neutral PurePressed Eye Shadow shades. One should be dark and the other should be light.
- A long-lasting eyeliner in a neutral shade like Dark Topaz Mystikol Powdered Eyeliner.
- Your favorite mascara and don’t forget the PureLash Lash Extender & Conditioner.
- A creamy, ultra moisturizing lip product in a nude shade. Shawn uses Luscious PlayOn Lip Crayon, but you can also use one of our nude Triple Luxe Lipstick shades. Find your best nude formula using our Lip Look Finder Quiz.
A Natural Makeup Look Tutorial
Now that you’re armed with everything you need to create a simle, natural makeup look, let’s get started with Shawn’s tutorial.
- First, cleanse, tone, and moisturize your skin with the BeautyPrep Skincare collection.
- Then, start creating your natural makeup look by applying Smooth Affair Facial Primer & Brightener using the Blending Brush.
- Use the Foundation Brush to apply Liquid Minerals foundation in downward strokes. Then, blend it out using the Flocked Sponge.
- Apply Amazing Base Loose Mineral Powder on top of the Liquid Minerals using the Chisel Powder Brush.
- Hide dark under-eye circles using a Camouflage Brush to tap on Circle\Delete Concealer.
- Add contour by applying So-Bronze 1 below your cheekbones (in the hollows of your cheeks) using the Chisel Powder Brush. You can also use the GreatShape Contour Kit and read this article to learn how to contour for your face shape.
- Give your cheeks color by applying PurePressed Blush with the White Fan Brush.
- Define your eyebrows using the Retractable Brow Pencil.
- Prime your eyelids by applying Lemon Smooth Affair for Eyes with the Camouflage Brush. The Lemon shade will help cancel out any redness on your eyelids.
- Apply White PurePressed Eye Shadow to your eyelid with the Eye Shader Brush.
- Then, apply Dark Suede PurePressed Eye Shadow to your outer corners and crease using the Crease Brush.
- Line your top lash line with Dark Topaz Mystikol Powdered Eyeliner.
- Prime your eyelashes with PureLash Lash Conditioner & Extender. Then, add volume to your lashes using Black Ice Longest Lash Mascara.
- Finish your look with Luscious PlayOn Lip Crayon.
Show us Your Natural Makeup Looks
Once you’re done, snap a selfie and show us your version of this dewy, natural makeup look! Share the picture with us on Instagram by tagging @janeiredale and #GoodBeautyStories for your chance to be featured on our channels!