The heat wave of 2012 seems to be continuing past Labor Day this year, but that doesn’t change the fact that fall is right around the corner! Take a look in any magazine or store front and you will be inspired by bright colors, cozy sweaters and the super cute ankle boots! With new fall fashion comes new fall makeup. This year jane iredale has introduced a collection that is Simply Magical. Mulled wine on the lips and smoky eyes, makes you just want to curl up with a cup of cocoa or head out for a night on the town with your best buds.
I have been wearing this collection every day since I got it, this is not an exaggeration. Usually I wear my newest favorite makeup for a few days and then decide to change it up; not this collection! The thing I love most about it, is that while the colors seem “cool” they are actually quite warm. Had you told me prior to trying Sundown PurePressed Eye Shadow Triple that it was a “warm” gray eye shadow, I wouldn’t have believed you, but it is! It contains a deep charcoal, a rich purple-gray and a shimmery beige color. Why is this so spectacular you ask, well I’m going to tell you. For those of you who have always loved the look of a true gray smoky eye, but could never pull off the cool gray and silver color palette, you’re going to love Sundown. For those of you who love cool colors, like me, it works great for us too! Keep reading for your chance to receive the NEW Simply Magical collection, but in the mean time, here is my go to look for fall:
- Apply the lightest shade of Sundown PurePressed Eye Shadow Triple to your entire eye lid up to your brow bone using the Deluxe Shader Brush.
- Apply the middle shade of Sundown to your crease using the Crease Brush. I like to set the brush right in my Crease and move it back and forth from about ¾ of the way in to the outer edge of my eyelid.
- Using the Eye Shader Brush, apply the darkest shade of Sundown to the outer corner of your eye lid. Here are the best steps to finding where to apply the outer corner color:
- Find the point on your eyelid that lines up with the outer edge of your pupil. This is your starting point.
- Pat the color from this starting point moving up diagonally until you meet your crease shadow.
- Now fill in this outer area.
- Blend well.
- Next, line your top lash line with Smoky Quartz Mystikol.
- Line the outer half of your bottom lash line with Smoky Quartz Mystikol, be sure not to line further in than your pupil.
- Using the Smudge Brush, smudge your top line.
- Smudge your bottom line and extend the smudge so that the outer ¾ of your bottom lash line is now covered.
- Apply PureLash Lash Extender & Conditioner followed by PureLash Mascara in Jet Black.
- Highlight your brow bone using the highlighter end of the Smoky Quartz Mystikol.
- Apply Barely Rose PurePressed Blush to the apples of your cheeks using the Dome Brush.
- Finish with Venice Just Kissed Lip Plumper.
Well there you have it, my go to look this fall! Also, check out our two latest fall videos below for more great looks using the Simply Magical collection.
Now it’s giveaway time! If you would like a chance to receive the Simply Magical collection, here’s what you have to do.
- Visit us at pinterest.com/janeiredale and follow us.
- Leave us a comment on one of our pins within the “Feeling Fall” board. Share with us why you are excited for fall or what makes you get in the mood for the season.
- That’s it, pretty simple. We’ll let you know on September 12th on Pinterest if you won, so keep checking back, and happy fall!