I couldn’t help but be inspired by winter when creating this makeup look. Whether you love it or not, it’s hard to deny the beauty of white fluffy snow and the way it sparkles when the sun hits it. However, winter also means shorter days and sometimes tired eyes, which is why I also love this look to wake up and brighten my face.
Winter Makeup Tips to Brighten Your Face
• To keep my face moisturized during the winter, I always like to start with Dream Tint Tinted Moisturizer, which is a tinted SPF 15 moisturizer (click here to learn how to best apply Dream Tint). For extra coverage you can always add PurePressed Base Mineral Foundation or Amazing Base Loose Mineral Powder on top.
• Apply Champagne SilkEye Gloss to your eyelid and the lower part of your brow bone, I like to use the doe foot that comes with the Eye Gloss to apply it. Just be sure the edges are blended well so that there are no harsh lines, you can do this using your fingers.
• Apply the white end of the White/PinkHighlighter Pencil to your brow bone using the side (not the tip), this will give you a much softer look. While still using the white end, highlight the inner corner of your eye and line your bottom lash line.
• Line your top lash line with the Black/Brown Eye Pencil. If you feel the line is too harsh you can soften it by dragging the Smudge brush gently back and forth over the line.
• Apply PureLash Lash Extender and Conditioner followed by PureLash Lengthening Mascara in Brown Black. Brown Black will give you a softer look, but if you love bold lashes use Jet Blackinstead.
• Using the White Fan brush, pinch the top of the brush so that the hair comes together. With the brush still pinched, gently swirl it in all the colors of SunbeamQuad Bronzer. Release your hold so that the fan is now open and lightly apply Sunbeam to the apples of your cheek in a sideways sweeping motion.
• Using the Pink end of the Pink/WhiteHighlighter Pencil, line your Cupids Bow (the little dip at the center of your top lip) this will give you a beautiful soft pout.
• Finish your look with Sugar PlumPureGloss Lip Gloss.
I hope you love this winter look as much as me. If you try it please let me know and we would love to see your pictures on our Facebook page!
Chelsea began her beauty journey in 2010 as a fashion and beauty freelancer at Ladies’ Home Journal magazine. There she had the chance to test and review hundreds of products while quickly falling for the benefits the clean makeup she tried. After leaving the magazine industry, she worked as a publicist for international fragrance and beauty brands until 2016 when she landed at jane iredale. Here, she has discovered liquid eyeliner doesn’t have to burn her eyes, foundation doesn’t have to feel heavy, and that the jane iredale Global Educators truly have the best beauty hacks. Since then, she’s shared her 10+ years of experience with you on The Good Glow Blog.