5 New Year's Eve Beauty Prep Tips
1) Take Your TimeLet's start by talking about party prep. Going out is fun, but getting ready for your New Year's Eve celebration should be enjoyable too. So, light a candle, soak in your tub and create a relaxed, peaceful environment. If you're staying in on New Year's Eve, we recommend doing this too!
2) Get Photo ReadyOn New Year's Eve, you're guaranteed to take at least one picture, so make sure your face is photo-ready by using a makeup primer that gives you an airbrushed look. Priming you skin helps the makeup go only smoothly and last longer. Some primers, like our Smooth Affair Facial Primer & Brightener, also contain ingredients that smooth skin and minimize the appearance of pores for a flawless finish.
3) Pop the ChampagneGet inspired by the bubbly! Champagne makeup is flattering on all skin tones, and when paired with a touch of shimmer it gives you an ethereal glow that looks gorgeous in dim, party lighting. You can work this shade into your look in a variety of ways:
- Apply Champagne Silk Eye Shere Liquid Eye Shadow as a eyelid primer and in the corners of your eyes to help you look refreshed.
- Dust Champagne 24-Karat Gold Dust onto your cheekbones with a White Fan Brush for a youthful glow.
- For a more matte look, use the Eye Shader Brush to apply Champagne PurePressed Eye Shadow to the inner half of your eyes and a darker shade like Dark Suede or Double Espresso to the outer corner and crease for a subtle smokey eye.
4) Nail ItThis is something we rarely discuss on the blog, but manicured nails help finish a look and will make you feel even more glamorous. Whether you go to your favorite nail salon or DIY a manicure, the goal is chip-free polish. Need a shade suggestion? We're loving the limited edition Well + Good nail polish from cruelty-free, vegan brand tenoverten. The shimmery Sugar Plum shade comes with a base and top coat, and is less than $50 for all three!
5) Give it a SpritzFinish your makeup and your hair with a sprtiz of Hydration Spray. The D2O Hydration Spray will set your makeup, helping it to last all night. You can also use it to tame hair flyaways!
3 Products for Your Party Clutch
- Lip Stain - If you're sipping champagne all night, you'll likely have to reapply your lipstick at least once. Reduce the number of touch-ups you'll need by wearing a lip stain instead of lipstick. Make sure to toss the stain in your clutch, just in case!
- Nail File - You just had your nails done (or did them yourself), so make sure to bring a nail file, on the off-chance you break a nail. You can also use the nail file to sand down any sharp parts of your shoes, if they start to rub.
- Mints - Make sure you have fresh breath when the ball drops, and pucker up!