Holidays are fun and give us a great excuse to play with our makeup; but how do we get into the 4th of July spirit without looking campy? Red lips, blue eye liner and shimmery highlights create the classic Independence Day look. Whether you're heading to a BBQ, spending time in the pool or having a picnic with friends, these high-performance products will keep you protected and fresh.
Playful Fourth of July Makeup
- Apply Dream Tint Tinted Moisturizer with SPF `15 to your face to protect your skin and even your complexion.
- Set your foundation and refresh your skin with a spritz of your favorite Hydration Spray.
- Keep your brows simple by applying Clear PureBrow Brow Gel. If you want a more youthful look, you can use the brow gel to push your brow hair up for a fluffier look.
- Give your eye makeup staying power by applying Gold Smooth Affair® for Eyes Eye Shadow/Primer from lid to crease using your finger.
- Then, blend Dawn PurePressed Eye Shadow in your crease and outer corner using the Crease Brush. This will give your eyes a natural contour.
- Line your top lashes with Onyx Mystikol Powdered Eyeliner. This formula is smudge-proof and water resistant so it will last for hours!
- Apply Midnight Blue Eye Pencil to the inner rim of your bottom lash line.
- Press smoldering Blue Hour Eye Shadow under the lower lash line for a deep-sea inspired smoky look. Or wet the tip of a fine-tipped brush like the Bent Liner Brush to use it as an eyeliner.
- Prime your lashes with PureLash Lash Extender & Conditioner. Then, apply water resistant Black Onyx PureLash Mascara to your top and bottom lashes.
- Highlight your cheekbones with the lightest two shades (the top two stripes) of Peaches & Cream Quad Bronzer using the White Fan Brush.
- Then, give yourself a little flush with a dab of ChemistryIn Touch Cream Blush on your cheekbones and blend with your fingers.
- As the summer heats up, you may not be feeling that bold red lip (but don't ignore it, it is surprisingly on-trend for the summer). For a more laid back look that's in the same family, try Earth Red or Crimson Lip Pencil under your favorite PureGloss Lip Gloss to create a whole new shade and give it richness and depth.
Of course, you can just use the pencils to draw stars and stripes on your (or your children's) cheeks for the Fourth of July parade. Don’t forget to pack your Powder-Me SPF® 30 Dry Sunscreen to touch up on sun protection throughout the day—at least you know since it is jane iredale, you won't break out! ;)
Practice Makes Perfect
Show us your favorite Fourth of July makeup looks on Instagram by tagging #GoodBeautyStories and @janeiredale.